Saturday, November 28, 2009

Le Sigh

What a wonderful week. Just looking back on the spectacular gift of a busy, lovely life filled with the scents of home cooked bread and cinnamon. Thanksgiving always brings vivid memories from every corner of my past. Days of standing beside those I have admired from my youngest years seem to be the most potent of them all. Years of learning, growing and striving to be that person my mother new existed inside. Everyone says that if you want to know me quickly look through my eyes and you may not know the details but you will get the gist of my story. Well, that story has been accompanied by a symphony of smiles, tears, giggles, and jibes. In tribute to a very nostalgic crazy week I give you a recipe still memorized after years of preparing it for friends and family. It too has deep secrets and hopes. Note I don't use alcohol for consumption ONLY cooking. We had a rule in our house that this cake never got tasted before it went in the oven. Hey, it is more than worth the wait.
Kahlua cake
Preheat oven to 350 F
Mix 3 eggs
1 16 oz real sour cream
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup kahlua
1 dark chocolate cake mix
1 pkg chocolate pudding
6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
Stir until not dry ingredients remain no longer. Butter a large bundt pan and then dust with cocoa powder or powdered sugar.
Place cake in prepared pan and bake for 45-55 min depending on on your oven. Check with a toothpick between the two edges of the pan. Make sure it is cooked through. Turn out of pan after 10 min. serve dusted or galzed with powdered sugar.
Smile and savor, cause this is a bit of every Holiday season I have every enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment