Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bread What?


Okay,those of you who know me personally know that I rarely if ever recommend going and making a special trip to buy something especially for a silly recipe but this might be worth the time. Or on your next shopping trip just grab a bag. Of what you may ask. BREAD FLOUR. I know that there are many brands s and such on the supermarket shelf find one you are comfortable paying for and put it in the basket. One may query why all the hooplah? My dear hubby just this morning commented on how wonderful my bread has been since I have switched over to even using half bread and half all purpose. So how does it work? Bread flour contains a higher percent of proteins that make longer strands of gluten during the kneading process. These longer chains help the bread through the rising and baking stages of production. Resulting in a bread loaf that can be put on a cookie sheet free form. Slash across the top a few times and no one will believe that you made it yourself. BTW yes I do make homemade bread often, but if you don't when you go to the effort might as well make your product have some sweet pizazz.( this advise not intended for rolls which often are desired to be light and flakey. On this matter experiment if you wish but be forewarned the texture will change.) On that note Slice and savor.
Ms Brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment