Sunday, February 21, 2010

Table Napkins

I never thought that anything emanating from my head would warrant the use of the table napkin, but here I am with a drink napkin crumpled in front of me in the middle of t he night, deciphering a recipe jotted down while it was still fresh. Why? because my sweetheart gave me something I have been searching for for over a year for my birthday, Brown Bakery Boxes. This may seem to be a simple find; however, bakeries tend to want colored boxes for their confections. So when he presented me with a stack of boxes, and personalized labels for my treats, I was tickled pink. ( Please note this is one of a series of sweet gifts he piled on the breakfast table for me.) When I presented the scouts with my signature box- Mrs. BROWNie can't use a pink box- everyone questioned if it was homemade. They sometimes forget that I am am not a fan for any facebook function including grocery store bakery cookies. So, in honor of truly great cookies presented in signature style. Here is a gobbled down in no time recipe you are sure to enjoy. PS I proved today that for me following some recipes to the T is detrimental to my ego, I live to to tinker.
Peanut Butter Jumbos
Preheat oven to 325 F and get out as many baking sheets as you own cover with parchment paper of Silpats
10 5/8 oz flour or 2 cu+ 2 T flour
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
whisk above ingredients in small bowl set aside
In mixer bowl combine 5T melted butter and 7 T melted Peanut butter
add
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar
cream, then add
1 egg + 1 yolk extra large eggs
and 1 t vanilla
mix well
portion in scant 1/4 cup measures
drop in sugar and press down with glass or cute potato masher.
6 cookies on a sheet. Bake 2 sheets at a time in upper and lower thirds of oven for 8 min, switch sheets and then bake 7 min more. Remove cool 2 min on sheets and remove to cooking rack.
Smile and savour, the scouts are still raving form what I hear.
Mrs. Brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment